VT Group recently received certification by the city of Portland’s Sustainability at Work Program, as a sustainable business, earning Gold Level by meeting over 45 actions and criteria. Sustainable purchasing practices, reduction and recycling programs, employee engagement and education, energy efficiency equipment, and community giveback opportunities helped VT Group earn recognition as a positively impactful Portland business.
Some of the major keystones we are most proud of:
- We purchase products and proteins from local farmers and ranchers, with an emphasis on organic and sustainable sourcing when possible.
- We purchase seafood from sustainable sources.
- We utilize 100% renewable energy for our electricity use at our facility.
- We custom built our new facility with sustainability in mind; HVAC, lighting, and kitchen equipment are Energy Star certified.
- We proudly maintain two neighborhood bio-swales in SE Portland; part of Portland’s Green Street Steward program.
- We recycle and compost on-site at catering events, as well as at our facility.
- We have worked with, donated, sponsored or provided in-kind services/products to over 150 community and non-profit organizations in 2016.
For information on how your business can get involved in Portland’s Sustainability at Work Program, head to their website, to learn more about best practices, and view their wealth of resources.